Good morning Stamping friends.
Last week I shared a fun fold card on my Wednesday night live on Facebook. Now if you joined me for the live you’ll know that the session didn’t quite go as planned, to say the least. There were some technical difficulties and a persistent cough (on my part) that interrupted my normally calm crafting zen. At the end of the live I promised to re-record the video without interruptions. It took me almost a week to get it done but it’s finally finished. I’ll share the details but feel free to head straight to the video at the end of this post if you already joined me live.
This fun fold is a Step Front Panel card and I’ve made it in the landscape orientation. It’s a really fun card to make and I love how it folds flat to fit into a regular C6 envelope for mailing.
I’ve been itching to play with the new Gingerbread & Peppermint suite, page 8 of the Stampin’ Up! July to December mini catalogue. I just love all the products in this suite there are so many things to mix and match, the possibilities are endless.
My card base is Cinnamon Cider which is a perfect match for the gingerbread elements in this suite. I’ve paired it with one of the plaid designs from the coordinating designer series paper (DSP) and fussy cut the Christmas trees from another design from the DSP.
Basic Instructions: (detailed construction instructions in the video)
- Basic Card Base – Cinnamon Cider Cardstock 21cm x 14.8cm scored on the long side at 10.5cm, 13.5cm, 16.5 cm and 19.5cm.
- Front step panel – Cinnamon Cider Cardstock 11 x 10.5cm scored on the long side at 1cm and 4cm
- One of the cute prints from the Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP pack – cut to 14.3 x 7cm, 2 pieces 14.3 x 2.5 cm and another piece at 10 x 2.5cm.
- A Basic White Cardstock rectangle from the Stitched Rectangle dies
- 2 x Christmas trees fussy cut from the Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP pack, popped up on Dimensionals
- I tied some white Bakers Twine from the Essentials Pack around the front panel
- Sentiment from the Frosted Gingerbread stamp set stamped in Cinnamon Cider ink
- Back Panel – Basic White Cardstock 14.3 x 10 cm stamped with elements from the Frosted Gingerbread stamp set. I added a left over strip from the DSP as well.
HOW TO VIDEO
Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you here again soon.
- Shop Online with me 24/7 – Use my online shopping code MKWHB7QC at checkout to receive a FREE GIFT when your order $50 or more.
- SALEABRATION – spend $90 on product from any current catalogue and get a FREE gift from the Saleabration brochure
- Join During Saleabration and get a FREE bundle in addition to the all the usual perks of joining the Stampin’ Up! community. See more details HERE.